Monday, September 21, 2009

Connections

This article talks about some types of theory for Life, knowledge and media. I like the liberation theory because it presumes that any individual for any and every group are born with innate qualities of brilliance and the infinite capacity to be happy and successful. That was some thing new i learn, because to me that like saying everyone in the world has a unique talent that a next person don't have. to me you could do anything if you put your mind to it.

2 comments:

  1. To a certain extent I also agree with Liberation theory that "individuals from any and every group are born with innate qualities of brilliance and the infinite capacity to be happy and successful." (19) I think you make a great point when you say that if you put your mind to it you can do anything. I agree.

    However, and this is where I somewhat disagree with the Liberation theory, some women in the middle east, for example, are horrifyingly oppressed; denied from an education, and have several limitations. So I tend to this agree that this theory applies to every single group.

    It would be great though if it did apply to everyone. But I think there are some drawbacks to that theory when you think about some oppressed groups from around the world. That no matter how hard they try, sometimes is just not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireally liked the liberation theory as well. I think it is common knowledge that we can unlearn something- we just choose not to.

    ReplyDelete